Providing SMEs with practical export skills
Representatives of SMEs are poorly aware on the practical issues such as searching partners abroad, analyzing potential markets, assessing their own export opportunities.
Currency control over export of services
In order discontinue control over export transactions, a bank is forced to require from an exporter a number of documents in paper form. The tax and revenue authorities do not recognize invoices as primary documents as well.
Support SMEs in understanding the specifics of the EU export requirements
SME representatives are often unaware with what EU requirements on quality, environmental and other regulations they have to align. This situation explains why the European markets are closed for Ukrainian producers.
Development and implementation of a comprehensive export promotion policy
The National Export Promotion Strategy and Policy shall serve as a unifying element, bringing together the interests of business and the authorities in their efforts to increase Ukraine’s export.
- Responsible individuals
1. Jointly with the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade conducted two seminars on export activities. The seminars were focused on providing practical information to potential exporters about entering international markets, especially for small and medium-sized businesses.
2. During September-November 2015, conducted introductory seminars “Export opportunities for SMEs” in all pilot regions (Vinnytsia, Dnipropetrovsk, Lviv, Ternopil and Kherson). The seminars were structured in such manner as to provide an overview of the steps which potential exporters have to follow to enter international markets. The experts of the USAID Leadership in Economic Governance Program revealed ideological and practical aspects of export activities to potential exporters. Overall, over 200 representatives of SME and business organizations participated in the training.
3. Based on the results of the regional seminars, the LEV Program developed a comprehensive training program for SME representatives for 2016-2019. The first round of seminars under the program framework will be held in September - December 2016.
- Responsible individuals
1. The Program is currently working on the content of the catalogue-guide structured as the steps for entering international markets. The catalogue will include links to important Internet resources and will support potential exporters at every next step as well as help them navigate in the variety and complexity of available information.
2. Started regular issues of a variety of information and analytical newsletters for exporters ‘’Exporter’s Guide” and “Export from A to Z.”